School of Engineering Logistics and the Built Environment
With a focus on new and emerging technologies and the implementation of creative solutions, the School of Engineering Logistics & the Built Environment (SELBE) equips its students with the skills to innovate, create, respond to and provide solutions for a rapidly evolving and technologically demanding society.
SELBE offers programmes of study to our students in four distinct areas - Building & Construction Technology, Automotive Technology, Electrical Technology and Electronic Technology. Within each of these four areas, both traditional and modern elements of engineering are offered, allowing broad and varied programmes of study, which are relevant and can be applied practically for those entering the job market, starting businesses of their own or going on to further studies at other institutions.
To meet the needs of the growing relationships between industries and to enhance collaborations with educational and training institutions.
- To develop technical competencies in students and empower them
- To work with minimum supervision, creating ideas, and
- Developing additional skills for the 21st century nationally, and globally.
Five (5) CSEC / GCE subjects including English Language* and Mathematics* with grade I, II or III / A, B or C. Note that grade III pass in CSEC must be after June 1998 or any equivalency recognized by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ).
*Equivalency courses available to persons who do not have required CSEC/GCE/SSC pass in these subjects.
Flexible enrollment that allows you to further your education with whatever qualification you have in hand. ECC will create a Personal Development plan for each student to achieve their educational goals.
Mature Entry (all programmes)
Candidates over the age of 30 years who do not have the academic qualification required will need to have completed at least five (5) years in a related area/institution and should submit a portfolio.
4 CSEC subjects inclusive of English
Associate of Applied Science Degrees
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Automobile Repairs and Engineering*
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Architectural and Construction Technology
Occupational Associate Degree
- Certificate in Automotive Technology
- Certificate in Construction Technology
- Certificate in Electrical Technology
- Certificate in Electronics and Telecommunications Technology
- Preliminary Engineering Course
- Preliminary Technical Course
* Offered in collaboration with the Association of Caribbean Tertiary Institutions (ACTI)