Associate in Library Technical Studies
The programme is designed to train and prepare paraprofessionals of the highest quality to work in the field of Library and Information Studies, both locally and internationally.
Aims and Objectives of the programme
- To equip students with the technical expertise necessary for providing support services in libraries.
- To train paraprofessional library personnel who are able to effectively and efficiently carry out library tasks.
- To produce library technical graduates who are able to adapt to changes and capable of functioning in technologically oriented environments.
- To develop through viewing, listening, reading, lectures, research and practical demonstrations, the required competencies to function efficiently in all types of libraries.
- To promote the use of libraries and the profession of librarianship as effective tools in the reduction of illiteracy in our society and for national development.
- To improve the knowledge skills and attitudes of persons working in libraries.
- To eliminate negative attitudes towards libraries and librarianship.