Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
The Financial Sector, more specifically, the Banking Sector has become very vibrant due to a more dynamic economic environment and financial sector reforms. The impact of these is seen in the form of greater competition, technological, diversification and a thrust on retail banking with aggressive marketing strategies. It is against this background, that this Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Banking and Finance has been developed will cover all aspects of banking with economic and legislative developments. The target groups for this course are top and middle managers in Investment /Financial Institutions - Mortgage Department, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, the Stock Market and any organization with a Risk Management Department.
This Post-Graduate Diploma prepares participants for a wide range of careers in the banking industry, for example: Regulatory Compliance Department/Officers, Financial Analysts, Personal Financial Advisors, Auditors, Accountants, Loan Officers, Treasurers, Budget Analysts, Credit Risk Managers, Underwriters and Senior Purchasing Officers.
Postgraduate diplomas allow students to study something new or build on the skills and knowledge already gained during their first degree. In the current climate, more and more graduates are opting to pursue postgraduate study for the following reasons:
1. To further explore interest in areas of specialization
2. To gain clear insights into an industry and create invaluable contacts - postgraduate studies will uncover industry contacts and work experience opportunities;
3. To gain specialist skills – i.e. balancing newfound expertise with practical work experience and industry knowledge, to offer employers a more complete package in an employee.
4. To increase chances for promotion-this will give learners a competitive edge.
5. Change career direction - many postgraduate courses can act as conversion courses to enter different sectors;
1. BSc. Degree in any discipline or
2. Mature student entry/prior learning assessment: Professional Certification, Associate Degree, or Diploma. Applicants falling in this category must be twenty five years or older, with a minimum of two years experience in a specialized area of the industry. Applicants will be accepted based on an assessment of their prior learning.
1. Monday – Thursday- Day College (For two days)
2. Monday – Thursday - 5p.m. – 9 p.m. Evening College
3. Friday & Saturday; Weekend College
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Critical Thinking||Applied Statistical Techniques|
|Project Management Foundations||Principles of Lending and Credit Instruments Analysis|
|Corporate Finance||Regulation of Banking and Business Operations|
|Introduction to Money and Banking||Risk and Securities Management|
On successful completion of this course participants will be awarded a Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking