The Associate of Arts Degree is offered as a fully integrated performing arts programme where students study music, dance and drama for two years at this level. Students may exit at this level or continue with the programme at the Bachelor‘s Degree level.
Students are also provided the flexibility to choose a course from a group of electives which would be of personal interest or complement their career choice.
The programme provides the opportunity for employment in the Performing Arts and entertainment industry as entertainment coordinators, pre-trained teachers, community organizers, entertainment managers, actors, television personalities, voice-over talent, stand-up comedians, professional musicians and dancers, casting directors, choreographers, drama coaches, stage managers, set designers, playwrights/screenwriters, producers, theatre consultants, performance artists, and scenic designers.
This programme aims, accordingly, to:
• Improve students’ knowledge, competencies and attitudes for effective performances in the arts.
• Provide access for a diverse performing arts experience that spans history and theory, as well as technical and performance contexts.
• Promote the practitioner’s continuous personal and professional development for employment and or entrepreneurship.
• Expand student’s knowledge about integrating their artistic work with contemporary information communication technology practices.
• Create a forum for the exploration of the integrative approach to the study and working in the performing arts.
• Develop the foundation for participants desirous to articulate into further studies in the arts.
• Encourage students to use the performing arts as a medium for inspiring and unifying mankind.
Get information on the latest happenings in and around the College by subscribing to our monthly newsletter, Eagle Times
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.