This Associate Degree programme is designed to target basic school teachers, teacher assistants for lower grades of the primary education system, along with persons desirous of accessing more advanced and appropriate training. This programme is the Ministry of Education’s recent initiative to replace the three year diploma with the four year Bachelors degree as the required entry qualification for the teaching profession.
The programme therefore aims to:
Who Should Apply
1. Individuals who are already in the field and require formal qualifications.
2. Persons who wish to develop skills in Early Childhood Education in order to contribute to nation building.
3. Persons who want to change their career path.
4. School leavers with CXC qualifications who would like to access the profession
Persons who want to change their career path
High school graduates with related subjects desirous of entering the profession.
Competencies that graduates of the programme will have:
On completing this program, graduates will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
* Note: Equivalency courses in Math and English available to persons without the required CSEC/GCE pass.
Get information on the latest happenings in and around the College by subscribing to our monthly newsletter, Eagle Times
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.