Applications to the College are received each year from April to August for all full- time programmes, the exception to this is the School of Nursing . Applications for the BSc. Nursing programme (UWI) are usually received from November to January each year. Application deadlines vary for Summer and modular courses based on the start dates for these courses. Application forms can be obtained at the Student Affairs Office or downloaded from this site (see link to application form below). There is a non-refundable application fee. Applications may be considered during September but will attract a late application fee.
General Admissions Requirements
- The applicant’s birth certificate/Deed Poll (original and a copy);
- The applicant's marriage certificate (original and a copy) where applicable;
- The applicant's Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN), (original and a copy);
- The applicant’s examination results (original and a copy);
- One character reference (from the last school attended or most recent employer, Justice of the Peace, Doctor, Lawyer, Minister of Religion, Senior Police or Army Officer);
- Two passport size photographs (certified by one of the persons mentioned above).
N.B. For UWI and UTECH programmes, applicants are expected to complete the appropriate forms and submit all required documents as advised by the Student Affairs Office.
Entry requirements will vary based on the programme of study to be undertaken by the applicant and are listed on the academic program pages. These may also be obtained at the Student Affairs Office.
Interview and Programme Acceptance
On the return of the completed application form and the required documents, the relevant Faculty personnel will review these documents and the applicant informed of his/her status regarding acceptance into his/her programme of choice
Applicants with outstanding documents will be scheduled for an interview at which he/she will present the original and a copy of these documents for review.
Successful applicants will be given a Recommendation for Acceptance form outlining the agreed terms and conditions of their acceptance into the programme. A registration package is subsequently issued to the applicant by the Faculty.
The College reserves the right to reverse its Recommendation For Acceptance if:
- The applicant is not registered in the College within ten school days of the issue of the recommendation or by the end of September, whichever is later.
- A review of the information presented by the applicant indicates that this course of action is necessary.